This role is responsible for applying strong electrical engineering knowledge to support NPD, sustaining and productivity designs that have the average complexity. This role will be heavily involved in medium technology development for new product development projects and will work with existing technology. Additionally, this role will be responsible for maintaining engineering quality by mentoring interns and apprentices and peer reviewing designs
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering and minimum of five (5) years of job-related experience strongly preferred; or minimum of nine (9) years of job-related experience as defined in the Essential Duties & Responsibilities; advanced degree in directly applicable area of study may substitute for up to two (2) years of experience
- 5+ years of job-related experience with Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- Able to travel up to 10% – domestically and internationally
Preferred Job Requirements
- Experience with electrical components, switch mode power supplies, power management circuits, motor control circuits, analog circuits, positioning systems, PCB design, display technology and RF impedance matching; experience with wireless communication standards like WiFi or Bluetooth, experience with product safety standards for company products like UL325 and IEC60335; experience with EMC regulatory standards for compnay products like FCC, ETSI and ANZ4268
- Ability to lead a team of engineers to create electromechanical products; strong analytical skills; ability to efficiently communicate to all levels of organization or outside partners; good presentation skills
- Research technology and prototype new technology that support the lines of business product portfolio
- Generate documentation for hardware architecture in new product development platforms
- Mentor interns and apprentices by reviewing work product and giving technical feedback
- Maintain engineering technical quality by reviewing designs and participating in Formal Design Reviews
- Create SFMEA, DFMEA and 8D using company quality tools
- Participate in failure analysis and problem solving tactics by using Six Sigma design practices
- Analyze and simulate analog and digital electrical circuits by using Multisim
- Analyze and simulate RF circuits and structures by using Genesys and Momentum
- Design electrical circuits and PCBs by using Altium Designer
- Test and troubleshoot electrical circuits by using common test equipment such as power supplies, signal generators, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers and network analyzers
- Build prototype electrical circuits by using basic soldering skills and basic project management skills.
- Write technical documentation such as specifications and test reports to support project deliverables.
- Conduct peer review for product design by acting as the technical reviewer on ECNs.
- Provide work estimates and develop NPD project schedules by utilizing Microsoft project.
- Responsible for complying with the security requirements set forth by the Information Security team and the established ISO 27001 Security Roles, Responsibilities, and Authorities Document found in the ISMS Document Library
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results and participating on projects as needed