Support the company strategic goals for growth and industry leadership through new products and customer driven solutions.
Primarily responsible for designing complicated specials and providing industry leading solutions for our customer complex requirements.
The position reports to the Engineering Manager. The position works cooperatively with managers in all areas of the company to achieve corporate objectives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Works with customers to design specials that are manufacturable as well as cost effective for our customers
- Designs utilizing the guidelines of our ISO system
- Communicates with all areas within the company to ensure solutions are delivered to our customers on-time, and within budget and meet customer expectations
- Develop a method of monitoring our standard products for Manufacturability, Design and Durability to ensure our products are “Best in Class”
- Utilize the RWW and VAVE process and procedures to facilitate market and manufacturing efficiency
- Participate in monthly RWW meetings to evaluate proposals and present programs based on the APQP and NPD processes for new products.
- Maintain the office of Chief Engineer as a consultant resource to other departments. Provide engineering skills, problem resolving abilities, product and market knowledge perspective as an asset for other areas to draw on
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME), Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering, or higher required
- IFPS Certification preferred (Pneumatic and hydraulic experience)
- 10-15 years experience minimum