Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leadership skills to support and assist supervisor and co-workers to meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of electric circuit and PCB design including integrated circuits, microprocessors, motor control circuitry, power supplies, I/O circuitry etc.
- Working knowledge of common electrical design software including OrCAD is a plus.
- Prepares electro-mechanical system test procedures for routine / in process production testing.
- Troubleshoots and evaluates customer product returns that require engineering review as well as technical analysis and troubleshooting of simple and complex electrical systems.
- Knowledge of electrical test equipment including multimeters, analyzers, loggers, etc.
- Knowledge of electromechanical component basics and fundamentals of operation
- Knowledge of systems and schematics specific to the transportation (bus & rail) industry a plus. This includes, but is not limited to door systems and general vehicle power distribution and multiplex systems.
- Participates in technical discussions and / or correspondence with customer’s technical liaisons when required to provide product technical information and application assistance.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Designs and develops electrical products by studying customer specifications, technical requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Demonstrates good communication skills and communicates regularly with fellow employees, and customers.
Candidate should have knowledge of or experience in the following areas:
Software / Firmware Design: Design Documentation; Theory of Operation; State Diagrams; Test Plans; DFEMA
Microprocessors: AVR (8 bit); ARM (CORTEX) (32 bit); Microchip (8 bit);
Computer Languages: ANSI C; MISRA C; C++; C#; Assembly
Hardware Debugging: Oscilloscopes; Multimeters; JTAG
Embedded Firmware Development: Programming, and Full Software Development Life Cycle Experience (Design, Development, Debugging, Verification & Validation; Motion Control; Motion Sensing (Accelerometers, Etc.); Communications (RS-232, RS-485, J1939, Ethernet)
Windows Development: Programming, and Full Software Development Life Cycle Experience (Design, Development, Debugging, Verification & Validation; GUI; Communications
Office Tools: Word; Excel; Visio
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) in Software/Electrical engineering, from four-year college or university; and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Responsible for requirements gathering and definition, systems design and development, programming, testing and maintenance of software related to the Enterprise Resource Planning system and other designated systems.
- Work with departmental heads and their staff to understand how their functional area of the business works, what they do on a day to day basis and their technical requirements of the companies systems.
- Translate system requirements into recommended software changes while gaining a technical understanding of how changes interact with and affect all of the companies systems
- Program and test software changes and work with users to perform acceptance testing
- Develop project plans and status reports where appropriate
- Assist in management of software system upgrades
- Manage administrative issues such as setting up new users and maintaining background system processes
- Work with software vendors/support as needed
- Perform day to day troubleshooting of system issues as needed
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work related experience) required
- 5 years computer programming experience with at least 2 years as a Programmer Analyst
- 3 years VB.net or C# programming experience in a SQL Server environment
- Experience with Multi-Tier and Web applications
- Experience with reporting tools (Sequel Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Crystal Reports)
- Understanding and/or use of version control systems (Team Foundation Server (TFS), GET)
- SQL Server environment experience including some or all of Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, SSIS and Query Performance Tuning preferred
- Use and understanding of HTML and related tools
- Ability to manage priorities and balance action on multiple assignments
- Aptitude for quickly solving complex system issues without compromising attention to detail
- History of building good rapport with internal clients and stakeholders
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- ERP system experience preferred
- Infor Syteline and Mongoose development platform experience a plus
The Purchasing Manager is a mature manager responsible for procurement of all components, outside processes, and tooling, as well as all sourcing activities both offshore and domestic. He or she is a strong leader with a solid understanding of procurement basics.
Job Duties and Authorities
- Develop and implement systems to optimize purchasing activities.
- Be a technical resource for the buyers, provide direction as required.
- Assure buyers are maintaining their systems to the agreed upon parameters. (i.e. lead time, minimums, lot sizes, etc.)
- Assure procedures for purchasing related activities are well documented via the ISO procedure.
- Participate in the Material Review Board (MRB) as needed – including developing and processing Discrepant Material Reports (DMRs) and assisting in part analysis.
- Assist with other related duties as required or assigned.
- Knowledge in some or all of the following areas is important: stamping, plastic molded parts, plating, anodizing, wire assembly, machining, printed circuit boards, electronic components, and capital procurement.
- Minimum 7 years related experience required.
- College degree.
- CPM Certification
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- General knowledge of ISO 9000.
- Detail oriented.
- Needs to be self-motivated and able to complete objectivities.
Sr. HW Electronics Eng
Will be responsible for the design, documentation, and release of temperature sensing products. The candidate will work individually as well as with teams in office, lab and industrial settings and may need to work directly with customers to capture and document requirements. The candidate will be the key resource designing sensing platforms that can be leveraged across numerous temperature sensing applications.
• Serve as the Hardware Electronics Specialist for temperature sensor products.
• Be a results oriented self-starter who holds one’s self accountable for performance and excels in a fast-paced team-based environment.
• Design, develop, prototype, analyze, test, and document product designs to meet the functional, cost, reliability and manufacturability requirements.
• Design analog, digital and embedded electronics which includes schematic entry, circuit simulation, PCB layout, hands-on prototype assembly, electronics testing/debugging and design verification.
• Simulate, design, program and troubleshoot embedded systems using C/C++ and other development tools for a variety of processors (ARM, PIC, etc.).
• Work collaboratively with other Hardware Engineers in the Sensors Group to research, analyze and select wireless communications modules like Wi-Fi, BLE, ISA-100, and Wireless HART.
• Work collaboratively with other Hardware Engineers in the Sensors Group to maintain commonality across gas, temperature and other sensor families if possible.
• Work closely with mechanical engineers to design and document sensor packaging, tools/fixtures and test systems to design, prototype, manufacture and test product.
• Work with Software Engineers to design the overall system requirements of the sensor solution.
• Work in a team based environment to determine and document engineering requirements, timelines, project plans, design verification schedules and test plans.
• Help guide and train other resources like project engineers and technicians to carry out design verification testing, test automation, etc.
• Lead the testing of products for certifications and compliance (e.g. UL, FCC, IC, CSA, CE, ATEX, etc.)
• Assist project engineers, other resources, and customers with field testing of products for industrial environments and applications.
Job Requirements :
• B.S. in Electrical Engineering
• 8+ years of experience developing complex embedded mixed signal electronic systems and products for industrial or commercial applications.
• 2+ years experience implementing and interfacing to electronic sensors.
• 5+ years experience implementing and interfacing to peripherals using UART, SPI, I2C and/or GPIO
• 5+ years experience with schematic entry, simulation and PCB layout (Altium preferred).
• 5+ years experience writing and executing test plans
• Proven experience designing hardware electronics for hazardous environments in industrial settings and strong familiarity with standards related to hazardous area classifications STRONGLY PREFERRED.
• Experience designing wireless radio modules into hardware electronics and familiarity with wireless protocols (Wi-Fi, BLE, ISA-100, Wireless HART and Dust Networks).
• Experience writing C/C++ code for firmware using various compilers for numerous microcontrollers.
• Prior experience with analog output protocols (4-20mA and voltage) and digital communication protocols (RS-232, RS-485, Modbus, HART, CAN, etc.).
• General RF design experience.
• Strong knowledge of battery-powered design aspects, including low-power design, radio transceiver power supply design, and prior experience carrying out power budget analysis.
Skills and Abilities:
• Be a results oriented self-starter who holds one’s self accountable for performance and excels in a fast-paced team-based environment.
• Ability to translate user requirements and functional requirements into detailed hardware designs.
• Knowledge of low power, battery powered design aspects and prior experience carrying out power budget analysis.
• Excellent analytical and empirical problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Ability to apply statistical methodology in evaluating design and system performance.
• Ability to independently create and execute design verification test plans from component-level to system-level designs.
• Skilled with laboratory tools and test equipment including logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, power analyzers, soldering stations, signal generators, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, impedance analyzers, etc.
• General project management skills including project planning, scheduling, and coordinating through design, prototyping, testing and manufacturing support.
• Strong written and verbal English language communication skills
New Product Development engineering team is looking for a highly motivated Software Development Engineer in Test to build out test automation framework for our next generation of connected smart home products. You will be a key member in our collaborative engineering team, responsible for owning and ensuring the quality of the software throughout the development process. The nature of the position requires the candidate to have a quality mindset, aptitude for trying out new technologies, technical acumen to connect dots, along with a drive to make a difference.
- Partner with engineers to build the tools and infrastructure to ensure our production code is thoroughly to the highest standards
- Partner with team members to ensure we are building testable applications
- Collaborate across geographically dispersed teams to drive development of test automation frameworks and other tools
- Assist other engineers in stabilizing our code, build and deployments
- Create and modify our automated tests by using our frameworks
- Maintain and contribute to development of test stubs, tools to enhance manual test execution
- Promote quality within all aspects of development by actively participating in requirements gathering, technical design reviews, etc.
- Assist in code releases
- Assist any member on the team to meet our commitments
- Make process and systems improvement recommendations to assist the business in achieving its goals and objectives
- Seek to understand our industry to become a stronger partner in the team
- Participate in continuous integration, recommending approach and technology infrastructure and tools
- Closely interacts with engineering teams, test teams, customer support teams, and factory.
- Observe and contribute to best practices
- Zealous about high quality, high interaction consumer product. Advocate for the end user
- Relevant experience in automation development in Ruby, Java or an equivalent Object Oriented language is a must. IOT/Wifi or BLE connected device testing experience a big plus.
- Experience testing mobile applications is a must, including automated mobile app test tools
- Experience with modern data stores
- Experience with Git/GitHub
- Demonstrated knowledge of continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Exposure to modern web development practices (REST, etc.)
- Experience in engineering and employing best practices for unit, functional and non-functional testing
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to travel domestically: up to 10%.
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent.
Job Summary and Scope of Responsibility:
The Electrical Engineer 3is responsible for applying skilled knowledge of engineering principles and practices in electrical engineering to support NPD, sustaining and productivity designs that have average complexity. This role will be heavily involved in reusing, testing and troubleshooting electrical designsin support of new product development projects.
- Analyze and simulate electrical circuits by using Multisim.
- Analyze and simulate RF circuits and structures by using Genesys and Momentum.
- Design electrical circuits and PCBs by using Altium Designer.
- Test and troubleshoot electrical circuits by using common test equipment such as power supplies, signal generators, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers and network analyzers.
- Build prototype electrical circuits by using soldering skills and project management skills.
- Write technical documentation such as specifications and test reports to support project deliverables.
- Contribute positively to maintain a workplace culture that is consistent with the Chamberlain mission, vision and values.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results and participating on projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- Ability to travel up to 10% of time; international travel required
- Experience with electrical components, switch mode power supplies, power management circuits, motor control circuits, analog circuits, and RF impedance matching.
- Experience with wireless communication standards like WiFi or Bluetooth.
- Ability to work within cross functional teams to create electromechanical products
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Familiar with audio and video core components and data formats
Applications and Costing Engineer
Job Description Position Overview:
Applications and Costing Engineer to develop design concepts for custom user interface solutions. In this role you will assess design requirements and provide accurate cost estimates and technical documentation for customer proposals. You will work in an environment with other technical professionals such as other engineers, sourcing, and operations to ensure feasibility of new designs and focus on growing the business.
- Gather and understand customer needs and technical requirements. Determine product construction to best meet the needs of the customer and company guidelines.
- Create preliminary mechanical concepts with 2D and 3D representations using AutoCAD and NX. Select materials for mechanical components. Estimate material, labor, prototype, and tooling costs, and estimate lead times.
- Work with electrical engineers to incorporate circuit schematics and electronic component selections. Work with vendors and other sourcing engineers to optimize product designs.
- Provide effective concept documentation to Business Development Managers to aid quotations and customer proposals. Maintain accurate records of opportunities, technical requirements, received quotes, projects, contacts, and correspondence in company approved databases.
- Develop and maintain an expert level of knowledge related to product fabrication capabilities and use that knowledge to produce manufacturable designs. Resolve customer issues in a manner that is consistent with the company mission, values, and financial objectives.
- Maintain professional business relationships with internal and external contacts. Perform technical training and knowledge sharing to others as required.
Job Requirements Required Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field (e.g., Engineering Technology, General Engineering).
- Experience with mechanical design using AutoCAD and 3D modeling software, preferably NX.
- Business-to-business customer-facing experience.
- Experience with product proposals and cost estimation.
- Experience as a Field Application Engineer in the field of printed electronics or embedded systems.
- Experience with printed electronics, user interface technologies, membrane switches, RF antenna designs, flexible printed circuit fabrication, and screen printing of electrical circuits.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with office software applications.
Our Product Development group is continuing our development activities to support our new product introductions, as well as new development projects. Working on both embedded processor systems that control the machine functions and Windows GUI user interface, this group primarily uses C, C++ and C# for development activities.
Take this opportunity to apply your skills throughout all phases of software development, from requirements definition and software design through implementation, testing and product support. Primary development responsibilities will focus on embedded processors, LINUX and Windows CE operating systems. Performing software development in a controlled environment using state-of-the-art version control tools, you will also support our products that are in field trials, in production, and/or at customer sites.
We are looking for candidates with:
- BS in electrical or computer engineering, computer science, or related area/experience.
- 3 or more years of practical experience in software development, ideally with both embedded and Windows development experience.
- Development skills using C/C++, and C#
- Familiarity with RS232, RS-485 and TCP-IP communication interfaces.
- Experience/exposure to LINUX, Windows CE, XP and XP-embedded microprocessor controls for embedded applications.
Software Design Engineer
Software Design Engineer:
We are currently seeking a talented Software Engineer to join our product development team. The individual should have a strong background in embedded software development with a good understanding of electrical engineering fundamentals, coupled with a desire to develop new and innovative products in a collaborative environment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop embedded software for high speed machine operation
- Develop code in the C and C++ programming languages
- Design control and communication interfaces
- Design functions and interfaces to hardware leveraging full capabilities of processors
- Manage own work breakdown, tracking and reporting
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline
- Relevant work experience, including embedded programming
- Experience with 8, 16, and 32-bit microcontrollers
- Experience with software compilers and debugging tools
- Experience developing software using embedded frameworks and SDKs
- Experience with a Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Familiarity with Oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, DMMs, etc…
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, strong team player
Senior Cloud Engineer
New Product Development – Cloud Development team is looking for a highly motivated, hands on Senior Software Engineerto build the next generation of connected smart home products. You will be part of collaborative engineering team developingand continuously improving ourCloud implementation for connected products. The nature of the position requires the candidate to have excellent communication skills, strong technical and debugging skills, along with a drive to make a difference.
- Responsible to develop and maintain cloud service for connected IoT devices
- Designs, troubleshoots and refines system on a continuous basis. Is hands-on, dives deep as need arises. Enables continuous integration/testing/deployment
- Maintains alignment with architect and other engineering leaders.
- Closely interacts with Architects, test teams, customer support teams.
- Keeps an eye on fragile areas, and strives for robustness of software and product. Is excited about problem solving
- Zealous about high quality, high interaction consumer product.
- Advocate for the end user
- Self-motivated and obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways.
- Highly focused, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Excellent analytical, programming and debugging skills.
- Ability to ramp up quickly on both new technologies and existing technologies.
- Travel required: up to 10% domestic.
- 5+ years software development experience with commercial Cloud deployments supporting connected products for high volume, high quality consumer electronics market. Track record of designing, developing, and deployingconsumer-facing Cloud implementations is a must.
- Deep understanding of software engineering principles and strong software architecture. IOT, distributed systems experience a plus.
- Must have mastery of Linux,Git, Erlang/Elixir, Python, Salt-Stack
- Must have mastery of AWS Services (EC2/VPC/RDS/SNS/IAM) with a minimum of 1 production cloud system delivered to production within the last 5 years (examples required).
- Open-source contributions available online for review. Mastery of C/C++, ]AWS IoT Services and experience with Jira/Confluence or similar Agile tools are desirable skills
- Experience with Redis, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Phoenix Framework (for Elixir), MessagePack, asymmetric cryptography, symmetric cryptography, Jenkins is preferred
- BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Must be able to demonstrate mastery of Linux, Git, Erlang/Elixir