Automation Project Engineer
In this role you will have the opportunity to work with highly dedicated professionals such as the Manufacturing Implementation Engineer and cross-functional engineering teams. You will design the assemble process concept and quote for automation machines for our internal plants. This role will be involved in the installation of your creation.
- Design, build, debug and qualify manual, semi-automatic and small fully automatic tools that support the companies business
- Manage tool development projects from concept through field release
- Create and quote assembly equipment to manufacture company products
- You will use your understanding of product, mold, die, and manufacturing disciplines to develop a robust product that is cost effective
- Up to 10% travel (domestic and international)
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or 8+ years of automation equipment design
- 2+ years of experience in automation project management
- 5+ years of experience in design of automation equipment
- 2+ years of experience with 3D modeling (NX preferred)
- Design experience in some or all the following areas: fixtures, molding, plating, stamping and assembly
- Experience with dynamic or motion analysis
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Experience with finite element modeling and solid modeling
- Knowledge of metals and plastics, their use and industry standards
- Design experience in medical product assembly and packaging
- Strong communication, documentation and presentation skills
Controls Project Engineer
Seeking a dynamic and proactive Controls Project Engineer to design control system hardware and software that meets the needs of a project. It is the project engineer’s responsibility to fully understand the machine operation and control needs and efficiently turn those requirements into hardware and software design using past standards where possible. The project engineer’s creativity is key to producing easy to operate, safe, on-time equipment that will give a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Work with the mechanical project engineer to determine the operational specifications of a machine in order to design the control hardware. Design panel layouts, enclosure designs, electrical and pneumatic schematics, bills of material and machine cable routing.
- Design software based on the specifications. PLC ladder logic is designed to control the machine action, alert the operator if a fault occurs and interlock all actions so safe operation is maintained. Structure programs for efficient operation and memory usage, as well as allowing others to follow the code flow more easily.
- Ensure timely completion of control builds by closely communicating with the builder, and supplying an accurate, complete engineering package. Closely communicate with purchasing, the shop and any outside suppliers to ensure the build stays schedule. This role is responsible for budget and delivery of the controls.
- Test the software for stability and safety under all operational conditions. The software should not allow the operator to setup the machine to do something outside of its operational specifications.
- Provide direction to design subordinates.
- Provide field support to our customer base. Handle customer involvement in a professional, positive manner.
- Work with existing hardware and software standards when starting new projects.
- Must be willing to travel to company plants and outside suppliers, approximately 4 times/year minimum (up to 25%)
- 5+ Years of controls automation experience including both project-level experience in controls automation and PLC programming on Servo/Pneumatic machines
- 2 year technical degree (automation) with 2+ years of controls automation experience including project-level experience and PLC programming on Servo/Pneumatic machines
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with servo motion control systems and HMI’s
- Integration of Vision Systems, Laser markers, Laser welders, Pad Printers, other support type equipment.
- Machine safety implementation, Safety PLC’s, Guarding.
- Successfully completed complex control system designs from concept thru debug
- Software experience with 2D and 3D CAD. Self-motivated and goal oriented
- Able to learn new software/technology quickly and absorb new concepts easily
- Strong PC skills including Windows, database, spreadsheet, communications software (Kepware)
- HMI platforms (Proface, PanelView) preferred
- Vision systems (Cognex, Keyence) preferred
- Software (Eplan, Autocad, CAD (Solidworks, Siemens Nx) C++’, .Net. preferred
- Data Collection, SQL Servers, Factory Floor software preferred.
- Medical systems validation experience helpful preferred
We are looking for highly motivated, hands-on Software Architect to augment our Engineering organization as we build the next generation of connected smart home IOT products. You will be a technical go-to person for a collaborative engineering team to architect and continuously improve our connected products from concept ideation to development to mass production. The nature of the position requires the candidate to have excellent communication skills, strong technical and debugging skills, along with a drive to make a difference.
- Translate business/marketing requirements into highly scalable and high performance architectures and software designs incorporating the latest innovations in technologies.
- Drive requirements gathering and analysis activities such as developing use cases and creating functional requirements specifications for new products and features
- Closely interact with product management, hardware engineering, software development, test, customer support, and factory.
- Work directly with software development on the most challenging issues
- Interface with external technology partners
- Evaluate third-party software offerings and development kits to make recommendations and drive integration. Participate in RFQ/RFP process. Support prototyping and trystorming activities.
- Actively identify and execute tasks in feasibility stages for new product development
- Oversee architecture and design proposals being generated internally and by external teams to ensure technical completeness, correctness, and alignment with company goals
- Create feature specification and technical design documentation
- Design and scope/estimate development tasks. Practice and preach software development best practices
- Agressively manage technical debt. Identifies areas of systematic failures or inefficiencies for improvement and proposes concrete targeted solutions. Be an advocate for end consumer
- Review development deliverables to ensure architectural correctness
- Travel required: up to 10% domestic only.
- 10+ years embedded software development experience with commercial SoC products for high volume, high quality consumer electronics products (covering App, Cloud and Embedded software). 5+ years experience in software design
- Deep understanding of software engineering principles and strong software architecture.
- Experience integrating hardware, operating systems and software applications
- Extensive experience and expertise in the full life cycle development of software and systems
- Ability to ramp up quickly on both new technologies and existing technologies.
- Highly focused, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules.
- Ability to design the low level details with a constant view of the big picture
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Excellent analytical, programming and debugging skills. Thought leader.
- Strong experience with Linux configuration, device driver integration, C, C++, scripting languages, IP, Wireless communication protocols
- AWS IOT, BLE, WiFi, MQTT, RESTful API, low power or battery operated devices, SoC bring-up, and bare-metal programming a plus
- BS electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or equivalent (MS highly preferred).
Systems Web Java Analyst
- Develop system specifications from which programs will be written based on business requirements. Ensures that programming or software requirements fulfill the objectives. May coordinate these efforts, on occasion, through the use of outside or internal resources.
- Track the progress of systems in development by using project management skills and tools.
- Insure quality systems by adhering to any standards and procedures established by the IS department
- Adequately test all functionality of new and changed systems by unit testing of programs and system testing.
- Implement system development efforts with coordinating user departments and IS resources.
- Communicate to management direction/status/problems with work assignments through weekly timesheets and monthly status reports.
- Work closely with business function areas to understand their business systems requirements and recommend solutions.
- Provide system support and programming support in responsible area.
- Supports Molex TQM program by following approved policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Preparing status reports on time and with enough detail to be useful to management
- Updating the CMS (Change Management System) with hours and dates accurately and timely so that the information is useful
- Prepares transports to move through the landscape with accuracy and timeliness
- Follow established methodologies during program development and ensures programs adhere to the standards and procedures established by the IT department.
- Knows the business processes that they support is Technically sound in programming languages, techniques and platforms
- Produces quality work
- Continually strives to develop skills (soft skills and technical) to improve their performance
- Applies learning to work assignments
- Works well with other IT groups and the business functions they support
- Consistently meets dates and effort estimates
- Uses innovative ideas to solve business problems
- Is reliable in the quality and approach to problem solving
- Organized and can take on many tasks at the same time with consistent results
- Capable of organizing more complex CMS requests or smaller projects
- Independently works with business users to define requests or problems
- Can document reasonable dates and hours and then deliver on promises.
- Will be responsible for key business processes within systems they support.
- BA/BS Math/Computer Science or 10 years programming experience in web development environment with a java and html programming background.
- 3-5 years experience in business programming or business systems analysis in web development with a java and html programming background
- 5-10 years business systems analysis and design in web development with a java and html programming background.
Skills & Abilities:
- PC skills with Microsoft tools.
Sr. Electrical Engineer
The Sr. Engineer 1, Electrical is responsible for applying advanced electrical engineering knowledge to support NPD, sustaining and productivity designs that have above average complexity. This role will be heavily involved in platform technology development for new product development projects. This role has the technical ability to combine existing and new technology to build product platforms. Additionally, this role will be responsible for maintaining engineering quality by mentoring other engineers, peer reviewing designs and as needed formal design review.
- Research technology and prototype new technology that support the lines of business product portfolio.
- Define and generate documentation for hardware architecture in new product development platforms.
- Mentor other design engineers, interns and apprentices by reviewing work product and giving technical feedback.
- Maintain engineering technical quality by reviewing designs and participating as needed formal design reviews.
- Create SFMEA, DFMEA and 8D using companies quality tools.
- Lead failure analysis and problem solving tactics by using six sigma design practices.
- Strong experience in analog and digital electrical circuit design.
- Analyze and simulate RF circuits and structures by using Genesys and Momentum.
- Design electrical circuits and PCBs by using Altium Designer.
- Power electronics experience such as power supplies, motor drives, LED drivers etc.
- Build prototype electrical circuits by using basic soldering skills and basic project management skills.
- Write technical documentation like specifications and test reports to support project deliverables.
- Conduct peer review for product design by acting as the technical reviewer on ECNs.
- Provide work estimates and develop NPD project schedules by utilizing Microsoft project.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results and participating on projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- Minimum of 7 years of experience
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time; international travel required
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering
- Solid experience with analog and digital circuit design
- Experience with electrical components, switch mode power supplies, power management circuits, motor control circuits, LED drivers, positioning systems, PCB design, display technology and RF impedance matching.
- Experience with product safety standards for products like UL325 and IEC60335.
- Experience with EMC regulatory standards for products like FCC, ETSI and ANZ4268
- Ability to lead a team of engineers to create electro-mechanical products
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to efficiently communicate to all levels of organization or outside partners
- Good presentation skills
Sr. Embedded Software Engineer, IoT
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop embedded firmware in C language for Linux-based system-on-chip designs
- Integrate software with communication stacks from chip manufacturers
- Unit testing and code reviews
- Build and deploy software updates to an independent SQA test team
- Debug firmware to resolve complex communication and performance issues
- Plan and estimate development activities on an individual level
- Follow company best practices of design, coding, and project management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline
- 5 years of work experience developing system-on-chip embedded firmware
- Experience with TCP/IP and cloud access
- Experience with wireless communication including Wi-Fi or BLE
- Scripting languages such as shell scripts and Python
- Familiarity with software configuration management and tracking tools
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Work experience in an Agile sprint process
- Experience with Power-Line Communication
- Familiarity with GitHub, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins
Electrical Engineer II
Electrical Engineer II will be part of a team responsible for developing electro-mechanical medical devices to meet the highest standards for accuracy, safety and operating functionality. The main responsibilities of Electrical Engineer II are to design the electrical systems for microprocessor controlled laparoscopy and lithotripsy devices.
- Design the circuitry to meet the performance requirements of new products, from conception to product release.
- Develop Design Control Documentation (Design Plans, System Requirements, Test Protocols and Verification Reports) from high level product requirements. These requirements span both the electrical and software systems included in the design.
- Create Schematics, breadboards, prototypes, and the final PC board and associated electronics.
- Participates in the creation for Design Architecture, or other internal procedures, as required by supervision.
- Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
- Create and perform test protocols which ensure that the product meets all requirements.
- Perform FMEA and FTA analysis as required on product electronics
- Follow all development guidelines, and the development procedure requirements necessary, to meet FDA and ISO requirements.
- Familiar with RoHS, and takes into account, wherever possible, those requirements.
- Participate in working with test agencies for UL/CE safety and performance requirements.
- Participate in trouble shooting problems with Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance Engineering, or Service, related to the electronics and software portion of products.
- Work with Documentation Control in the creation of schematics, prints, Bills of Materials and the release of software.
- Wort with the purchasing function in defining components that meet performance, quality, and cost requirements.
- Where required, participate in medical device complaint analyses to identify root cause.
- Participates, when requested, in Quality or Corrective Action Preventative Action (CAPA) meetings.
- Participates in project management or may project manage a small project from start to finish.
- Works at a significantly higher level of independence without continuous supervision.
- When necessary guides and checks/or corrects the output of level I Electrical Engineers.
- Complies with all procedures and policies concerning quality and medical device regulations.
- Establishes and/or maintains a safe work environment according to federal, state, and Northgate policies and OSHA if applicable.
Qualifications, skills, and working conditions:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in either Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or Biomedical Engineering.
Specialized Skill or Knowledge
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Experience in analog and digital circuitry.
- Familiarity with hardware and software debugger applications.
- Understanding of multilayer and surface mount circuit board layout.
- Understanding of high voltage circuitry.
- Experience in Analog, Digital circuitry, and Switched Mode Power Supplies.
- Experience with I2C, SPI, RS232 and other communication protocols.
- Experience in specifying custom magnetic and transformer design.
- Experience in designing for UL compliance.
- Willingness to work with other groups and participate in a team environment.
- Ability to learn and apply modern technology quickly.
- Knowledge or experience with Medical Device design, Corrective Action and Preventative Action (CAPA) process.
- Practical/laboratory experience building, testing and troubleshooting high voltage electrical circuitry.
- Up to 25% travel
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
The Senior Embedded Software Engineer will augment our Software Development team and is responsible for design, development and testing of software features in the product including maintenance of existing software in an Agile setting.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Analyze system requirements and plan and estimate development activities.
• Write clear and concise design specifications where applicable.
• Design and develop firmware/software for embedded products, debug existing software/firmware.
• Work closely with microprocessors, ARM-based processors, WiFi, BLE, integration with IoT cloud.
• Test firmware on hardware platform.
• Design new software modules and develop supporting documentation.
• Support product development plans (schedule, product costs, meeting design inputs).
• Act as a resource to mentor and teach less experienced Engineers.
• Maintain code in repository using tools like Git, and Atlassian.
Supervise Others: No
Expected Travel: 10%. Some travel may be International.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in embedded firmware development.
• Experience with microcontrollers, microprocessors, ARM-based processors, WiFi, BLE , integration with the IoT cloud.
• Experience with software compilers, debugging tools, software configuration management and continuous integration.
• Familiarity with real-time operating systems and multi-threading.
• A passion for Agile methodology.
• Must be eligible to work in the United States for any employer.
• A Master’s Degree.
• Experience with statistical analysis tools.
Embedded Software Engineer
The New Product Development Software Engineer will play a key role bringing industry-leading products to market. As a self-starter and comfortable juggling multiple projects concurrently with minimal oversight. Have a passion to exceed our expectations when it comes to the development of products that meet our customer needs while being able to maintain tight project schedules.
- 5+ years of experience in embedded software engineering
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Programming, and Full Software Development Life Cycle Experience (Design, Development, Debugging, Verification & Validation)
- Software language proficiency in ANSI C, MISRA C, C++, C# and Assembly
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
- Experience in electric motor control a plus
- Experience with various communication protocols including RS-232, RS-485, J1939, Ethernet.
- Proven experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under fast-paced development lifecycles
- Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques (e.g. Microsoft), IP protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems
- Adequate knowledge of electrical circuit design including reading schematics and understanding data sheets for electrical components
- Strong communication, documentation and writing skills
- Broad range of experience and technical depth that can be applied to a broad range of problems
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Project software a plus
- Ability to lead small project teams
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Accountable for completion of new product development projects from initial research & development though implementation and production launch phases
- Ensure schedule and performance objectives are met for each project
- Work with cross-functional internal resources (sales, marketing, testing, manufacturing, quality, purchasing, mechanical and electrical engineers to complete necessary prototypes, designs and documentation) as they relate to the project or product
- Provide post production support
- Work with third party vendors and/or partners to find product solutions
- Assess third party and open source software
- Develop internal test plans that meet both company and industry regulations
- Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment
- Integrate and validate new product designs
- Design, develop, code, test and debug system and device software
- Review code and design
- Interface with hardware design and development
- Comply with Design control and Stage gate processes
- Report progress of assigned projects to major stakeholders and senior management